Saturday, September 18, 2010

Flustered Frenzies and Awkward Achievments

Hello anyone who will eventually follow me.

This blog is going to act as my 'diary', I suppose blogs are the 'diaries' for older mature people so I should join the club.

For those who do not know me and think that maybe getting to know me through my blog is something they might want to do, I am giving you a fair warning that my life should be one hell of a book if anyone ever writes it and you will somehow get sucked in like a black hole.

Today 09/18/2010

I'm home alone this weekend...Greg is in KC working, probably for the best he needed a couple of days away from me and my roommate (Kristina) is in Illinois visiting her boyfriend. Its just me and the pups, no I'm not a crazy dog lady, that's my grandmother, but I am a college student with two boxers, which I now realize sounds crazier in text than in my head. 

Anyway, I slept in this morning...first time I've truly slept in with no where to go in I don't even know how long. I got up at 9:30 am yeah I know wooo I'm a rebel. AND THEN.... I did nothing....until about 4:30 pm yeah it was pretty awesome to remind myself what bored feels like. Then I took the dogs for a three mile walk. For all those who don't know my dogs...there's Ruby; the newest addition to my life, she is one of my Grandmother's dogs who is 6 years old and just wants to please. She was added to the family because of Kaiser...the ultimate psycotic male specimen that I've met to date. He is a one year old boxer who has separation anxiety, so I had to get him a friend. 

So we went on a walk...which is a feat in itself and I have not previously conquered this feat...because Kaiser likes to drag people everywhere when on the leash and he is terrified of road signs and thinks he needs to stop and pee on every blade of grass in the county. Anyway believe it or not it was an awesome walk, Kaiser finally heeled after I wore him out and it was thundering and cool the whole time and the rain didn't open up on us until about 100 yds from the apt. 

One interesting thing that happened...you know it involves a boy so quit trying to guess. Part of the 3 mile trek that I have mapped out goes through the fraternity complex parking lot...Boys, because they aren't men, also feel the need to say something to a girl when she's alone, which is incredibly immature and the boys normally get a nice ego boost by being pieces of shit...until I came along. Kaiser...actually behaving got a compliment frat boy: 'He is doing pretty good for being so young.' Me: 'Kaiser and I have a deal, he obeys or I cut off his balls.' Frat boys: 'wow she drives a hard bargain.' Other frat boy: 'I wonder if she's single.' 

Officially the most awkward achievement of my college career thus far, but I'm pretty proud of myself for being so bold to a rather large group of guys while I was by myself. Its a silent achievement.

I'm currently watching animal hoarders and wondering how anyone can handle more than two in a small place, or two in general. My grandmother has 6 now that Ruby is with me and I don't know how she does it. Some lady has 15 dogs, 10 cats, and 2 horses on here...and she is happily married. I struggle all the time to keep my relationship happy with two dogs or without dogs and this lady has no problems...unbelieveable.

No comments:

Post a Comment